A Pioneer in Charitable Giving and Innovative Alternative to Traditional Fundraising
The “YOU GIVE, WE GIVE” scheme offers all TAM Ethical investors the opportunity to make a positive impact on society by opting to donate a percentage of their annual portfolio gain to a charity of their choice. TAM Ethical are showing their commitment to this scheme by agreeing to match every client’s donation with an equal percentage from our total annual fees. For every % of your gains you donate, TAM will donate the same % of our total annual fees.
HOW IT WORKS
You decide what percentage of your annual portfolio gain to donate when opening your account*
TAM will donate the same percentage from our total annual fee
TO A CHARITY OF YOUR CHOICE
Your chosen charity will receive:
- YOUR Donation
- OUR Donation
- PLUS even more through HMRC Gift Aid**
*Maximum of 20%. **The eligibility of the client’s nominated charity to apply for Gift Aid and the amount they will receive will vary on a case by case basis.
- CHOICE You choose which charity receives a donation.
- PARTNERSHIP Increased donations through shared responsibility with TAM.
- GIFT AID The Charity can benefit, where appropriate, from HMRC Gift Aid to increase that donation.
- SIMPLE Clear and convenient donation process.
- TAX RELIEF Depending on your personal circumstances you may be able to claim tax relief on your charitable giving.
- FLEXIBILITY You can readily change your charity of choice, the percentage you give or opt out completely.
Mrs. Johnson chooses to give 10% of her proﬁt to a local charity:
Portfolio value 1st January £100,000
Net Portfolio Value 31st December £105,000
Annual Gain (Net) £500 (or 5%)*
“You Give, We Give” 10% of gain:
Charitable donation £500**
*Illustration only, past performance is not a guide for future returns. **Higher rate tax payers may be eligible to reclaim tax against this.
WE TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING, SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO
- TAM will provide your client with a letter each year to outline clearly; the calculation, the payment and conﬁrmation of their donation.
- Where the investor has opted to provide their details, the chosen charity will receive; conﬁrmation of their name, address and appropriate information in relation to potential Gift Aid reclaim.
- Financial advisers can also participate in the scheme, by simply ticking the relevant box on the account opening form.